Hot Off The Wire
Send an Assist
Help us Score!
Recent Status Updates
Ed Hockuley really just said this on MNF when explaining a non call. "There was no delay of game, we were just stretching our balls". Yes, seriously.Show comments (4)
Why couldn't the hawks play on thanksgiving so I have a good reason to tell my family to shut off lame ass football.Show comments (3)
Here are Kris Gray's photos from HASB! http://www.indianheadnation.com/gallery/album/50-have-a-skate-with-bob-2013-11913/Show comments (1)
New blog is up! Short and brief....written in Dallas! :) http://lampshadegurl.blogspot.com/2013/11/welcome-back-chicago-season-has-begun-d.html?spref=fb
Hump you stuShow comments (4)
Blackhawks and Penguins could play at Soldier Field
This past year, Soldier Field held an outdoor event called the Hockey City Classic on February 17th. The event featured a doubleheader that started with Notre Dame vs. Miami University at noon, and finished off with the University of Minnesota vs. University of Wisconsin at 3:30 p.m. the same day. Chicago Blackhawks prospects, Stephen Johns (ND) and Justin Holl (UoM), were both fortunate enough to take part in the event.
After seeing the success surrounding the Hockey City Classic, it's no surprise that the NHL would recognize the venue as a legitimate place to host another Winter Classic event.
“That was the coolest experience in all my hockey games or career playing, coaching – the Winter Classic,” Quenneville said last February after the Hockey City Classic. “Being outside again gives you that feeling. It’d be great (to play at Soldier Field.) This is a great venue. Coming to Bears games here, the crowd, it’s perfect.”
The last time the Blackhawks appeared in an outdoor game was on January 1st, 2009, when they were defeated 6-4 by the Red Wings at Wrigley Field.
The other five games include:
- Detroit Red Wings vs. Toronto Maple Leafs at Michigan "the Big House" Stadium on January 1st, 2014.
- Anaheim Ducks vs. Los Angeles Kings at Dodger Stadium on January 25th, 2014.
- New Jersey Devils vs. New York Rangers at Yankee Stadium on January 26th, 2014.
- New York Islanders vs. New York Rangers at Yankee Stadium on January 29th, 2014.
- Ottawa Senators vs. Vancouver Canucks at BC Place Stadium on March 2nd, 2014.
You may also like:
- Toews and Kane Already Blackhawks Forever
Dec 02 2013 07:27 PM
It’s not a fluke when showing up at the United Center for a Blackhawks game that a majority of th...
- Is Brandon Pirri a Calder Finalist Right Now?
Nov 18 2013 05:58 PM
Every year it seems that the Hawks have a player that in the eyes of the rest of the NHL comes ou...
- Hawks Bounce Back; Pummel Sharks
Nov 18 2013 04:33 AM
A night after maybe the worst effort of the year, the Hawks turned in probably their best, as the...
- Injuries, Ineffectiveness Lead to Raanta Being...
Nov 18 2013 04:44 AM
Many of the Blackhawks faithful have been clamoring for Antti Raanta to be called up, well ready...