Hot Off The Wire
Send an Assist
Help us Score!
Recent Status Updates
Ed Hockuley really just said this on MNF when explaining a non call. "There was no delay of game, we were just stretching our balls". Yes, seriously.Show comments (4)
Why couldn't the hawks play on thanksgiving so I have a good reason to tell my family to shut off lame ass football.Show comments (3)
Here are Kris Gray's photos from HASB! http://www.indianheadnation.com/gallery/album/50-have-a-skate-with-bob-2013-11913/Show comments (1)
New blog is up! Short and brief....written in Dallas! :) http://lampshadegurl.blogspot.com/2013/11/welcome-back-chicago-season-has-begun-d.html?spref=fb
Hump you stuShow comments (4)
WCQF Game 2: Chicago Blackhawks vs. Minnesota Wild
GAME ONE RECAP — Corey Crawford allowed a weak goal from Cal Clutterbuck early in the game, but shut the door the rest of the way making 26 saves and finishing with a sparkling 0.963 save percentage. Marian Hossa tied the game in the 2nd period off a great rush by Patrick Kane. Although the game opened up for the Blackhawks after that, no one else scored until 34 minutes later when Bryan Bickell netted the game winning goal at the end of the first overtime period, his second playoff overtime goal of his career. Josh Harding was spectacular as well, making 35 stops out of 37 shots on goal. Defensively, the Wild did an admirable job by blocking 21 shots in the game. Surprisingly, the Blackhawks actually outhit the Wild 40-36 in the game.
OFFENSE BLACKHAWKS — Below is a breakdown of each line and how effective they are against the Wild this series.
- Brandon Saad, Jonathan Toews, and Marian Hossa have one point (1G) in one game.
- Patrick Sharp, Michal Handzus, and Patrick Kane have one point (1A) in one game.
- Bryan Bickell, Andrew Shaw, and Viktor Stalberg have two points (1G, 1A) in one game.
- Brandon Bollig, Marcus Kruger, and Michael Frolik have not scored any points in one game.
- Zach Parise, Mikko Koivu, and Charlie Coyle have not scored any points in one game.
- Jason Zucker, Matt Cullen, and Devin Setoguchi have not scored any points in one game..
- Cal Clutterbuck, Kyle Broadziak, and Pierre-Marc Bouchard contributed one point (1G) and a plus-3 rating.
- Zenon Konopka, Torrey Mitchell, and Mike Rupp have not scored any points and have a minus-3 rating.
DEFENSE BLACKHAWKS — Below is a breakdown of each pairing and how effective they are against the Wild this series.
- Duncan Keith and Niklas Hjalmarsson have a combined total of one point (1A) in one game.
- Nick Leddy and Brent Seabrook have not scored any points in one game.
- Johnny Oduya and Michal Rozsival have one point in one game.
- Ryan Suter and Jonas Brodin have not scored any points and have a minus-1 rating in one game.
- Marco Scandella and Jared Spurgeon have not scored any points in one game.
- Clayton Stoner and Tom Gilbert scored one point and have a plus-1 rating in one game.
GOALTENDING DUEL —
Playoff Career vs. Wild:
- Games Played: 1
- Record: 1-0
- Shutouts: 0
- Goals Against Average: 0.78
- Save Percentage: 0.963
Career vs. Blackhawks:
- Games Played: 1
- Record: 0-1
- Shutouts: 0
- Goals Against Average: 1.57
- Save Percentage: 0.946
MILESTONE WATCH — Marian Hossa (37G, 61A) is two points away from 100 career playoff points.
You may also like:
- Toews and Kane Already Blackhawks Forever
Dec 02 2013 07:27 PM
It’s not a fluke when showing up at the United Center for a Blackhawks game that a majority of th...
- Is Brandon Pirri a Calder Finalist Right Now?
Nov 18 2013 05:58 PM
Every year it seems that the Hawks have a player that in the eyes of the rest of the NHL comes ou...
- Hawks Bounce Back; Pummel Sharks
Nov 18 2013 04:33 AM
A night after maybe the worst effort of the year, the Hawks turned in probably their best, as the...
- Injuries, Ineffectiveness Lead to Raanta Being...
Nov 18 2013 04:44 AM
Many of the Blackhawks faithful have been clamoring for Antti Raanta to be called up, well ready...