Hot Off The Wire
Blackhawk Nation Daily: Michael Leighton, Ticke...
Tony DeFrancesco Aug 18 2014 07:26 PM
Hawks take Nick Schmaltz 20th overall in 2014 D...
Trev Jun 28 2014 03:06 AM
Missed On Kesler; Spezza or Thornton the New Ta...
Tony DeFrancesco Jun 27 2014 10:36 PM
Recent Status Updates
Anyone else tired of all the ice bucket challenge bullshit?Show comments (3)
Well now we know where Ribeiro has been. Hes actually Neymars agent. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2687795/Neymars-agent-Ribeiro-launches-broadside-Luis-Felipe-Scolari-following-Brazils-World-Cup-humiliation-hands-Germany.htmlShow comments (1)
FUCK SALT!Show comments (1)
Why does this site have so much Malware?Show comments (8)
WCQF Game 2: Chicago Blackhawks vs. Minnesota Wild
GAME ONE RECAP — Corey Crawford allowed a weak goal from Cal Clutterbuck early in the game, but shut the door the rest of the way making 26 saves and finishing with a sparkling 0.963 save percentage. Marian Hossa tied the game in the 2nd period off a great rush by Patrick Kane. Although the game opened up for the Blackhawks after that, no one else scored until 34 minutes later when Bryan Bickell netted the game winning goal at the end of the first overtime period, his second playoff overtime goal of his career. Josh Harding was spectacular as well, making 35 stops out of 37 shots on goal. Defensively, the Wild did an admirable job by blocking 21 shots in the game. Surprisingly, the Blackhawks actually outhit the Wild 40-36 in the game.
OFFENSE BLACKHAWKS — Below is a breakdown of each line and how effective they are against the Wild this series.
- Brandon Saad, Jonathan Toews, and Marian Hossa have one point (1G) in one game.
- Patrick Sharp, Michal Handzus, and Patrick Kane have one point (1A) in one game.
- Bryan Bickell, Andrew Shaw, and Viktor Stalberg have two points (1G, 1A) in one game.
- Brandon Bollig, Marcus Kruger, and Michael Frolik have not scored any points in one game.
- Zach Parise, Mikko Koivu, and Charlie Coyle have not scored any points in one game.
- Jason Zucker, Matt Cullen, and Devin Setoguchi have not scored any points in one game..
- Cal Clutterbuck, Kyle Broadziak, and Pierre-Marc Bouchard contributed one point (1G) and a plus-3 rating.
- Zenon Konopka, Torrey Mitchell, and Mike Rupp have not scored any points and have a minus-3 rating.
DEFENSE BLACKHAWKS — Below is a breakdown of each pairing and how effective they are against the Wild this series.
- Duncan Keith and Niklas Hjalmarsson have a combined total of one point (1A) in one game.
- Nick Leddy and Brent Seabrook have not scored any points in one game.
- Johnny Oduya and Michal Rozsival have one point in one game.
- Ryan Suter and Jonas Brodin have not scored any points and have a minus-1 rating in one game.
- Marco Scandella and Jared Spurgeon have not scored any points in one game.
- Clayton Stoner and Tom Gilbert scored one point and have a plus-1 rating in one game.
GOALTENDING DUEL —
Playoff Career vs. Wild:
- Games Played: 1
- Record: 1-0
- Shutouts: 0
- Goals Against Average: 0.78
- Save Percentage: 0.963
Career vs. Blackhawks:
- Games Played: 1
- Record: 0-1
- Shutouts: 0
- Goals Against Average: 1.57
- Save Percentage: 0.946
MILESTONE WATCH — Marian Hossa (37G, 61A) is two points away from 100 career playoff points.
You may also like:
- Blackhawk Nation Daily: Michael Leighton, Ticke...
Aug 18 2014 07:43 PM
Thankfully, there is other news around Blackhawk Nation besides the fact that Kevi...
- Hawks take Nick Schmaltz 20th overall in 2014 D...
Jun 28 2014 03:26 AM
Whether it was the Kesler drama, or the fact that the Hawks are currently over nex...
- Missed On Kesler; Spezza or Thornton the New Ta...
Aug 18 2014 05:53 PM
Unfortunately, the Blackhawks were unable to land Ryan Kesler. He went to the Anah...